Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Duane, this one is for you...

What a beautiful day in provo today! My story actually starts several years ago when I was woken up by my Uncle Duane. I had been sleeping on my grandma's couch and somehow got roped into going running up Mueller Park Canyon in the snow. I didn't even make it a 1/4 of a mile up the trail before I was done. I am NOT a runner, and even more than I don't like running...I hate hiking. Well, Uncle Duane...Today you would be glad to know that I overcame my running/hiking issues. I woke up around 12:30pm and decided that it would be a great day to run and get a tan. (55 degrees and after being outside for 4 hours, yes-I got a tan) little did I know where my run was actually going to be taking me. I started running towards the Riverwood's Mall and found myself at the bottom of Provo Canyon. At that point I must have been delirious because for some reason I had the thought, "Kayla, you have already come so far...you might as well just run up the canyon to Bridal Veil Falls." WHAT IN THE WORLD. So what did I do? I started running up the trail.
These are just a few pictures I took on my phone while I was running up the trail
From the bottom of the canyon...I finally reached Nunn's Park, which is just below Bridal Veil Fall's. It only took me a couple hours haha, but I made it!
BRIDAL VEIL FALLS
After what I thought would be a nice day to get a tan, I ended up running a total of 16.6 miles roundtrip. Maybe someday I will run a marathon...I will never be as great as you Uncle Duane, I would never survive a 100 mile run. For now I will just shoot for 26 - Although I will need a lot more training because I have to confess that I didn't quite run the whole 16.6 miles. I walked probably about 1/4 of it...but none the less, it was still 16.6 miles. Woohoo!! ...and oddly enough, the part of my body that hurts the most is my left shoulder...hmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment