Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lentopallo



The last two weeks have been busy and exciting, and I apologize for not writing about any of it yet. I say that mostly to myself because I want to look back at some point and remember everything that I was able to experience while I was here. None the less, I am still not in a writing mood so I have decided to give a brief LENTOPALLO update. We started off the season a little rocky, but have really started playing well in our last two matches, and things are starting to come together. With two wins at 3 points each, we are currently sitting in 3rd place.


We beat Pieksamaki at home on October 10th, and I realized that sometimes big things come in small packages. While our little village might be small, they sure are some of the best fans I have seen in any volleyball arena. It was such a fun atmosphere to play in and I can't wait for our next home match.

When I say we have some of the best fans, I really mean it. After we beat Pieksamaki we headed to Estonia requiring 2 full days of travel...and who followed us all the way there? Our fans :) It was like playing at home except in Estonia. Estonia was quite the experience...We can leave it at that! We earned our 3 points from the win and eventually arrived safely back to Finland - Home Sweet Home!
I love that Pihtipudas feels like home. I always love getting to travel around Finland to see as much as I can, but nothing beats my home here in Pihtipudas. It is the best place to come back to after an eventful weekend trip. 

AND

Lastly on my updates...

My Finnish is coming along fabulously :) Here are my new phrases for the week:

MINULLA ON NALKA
MINULLA ON HAUSKA
SINA OLET HAUSKA

Translation
1) I am hungry
2) I am having fun
3) You are funny

I will update later on the past two weeks of life (Helsinki LDS Temple/Estonia...estonia...est), but for now this will do.

 Great weekends with wonderful people. I am...
BLESSED

No comments:

Post a Comment