Friday, November 2, 2012

Here's to the most spoiled girl I know...

I know that I am pretty dang spoiled, and that I have had an amazing life so far. I have always grown up with everything I could ever want and more. Soooooo I feel like it is quite impressive to be even more spoiled than myself, but this girl has managed to do it...
She is playing in the State Tournament right now, and I just wanted to wish her luck! She is an amazing volleyball player, and I hope that their team is able to win the Championship again this year. 

 She will be playing for BYU next fall, and I couldn't be more excited for her. I know she will love it there and I am actually a little jealous that she gets to spend 4 years there. I want to start over :)
 This spoiled little girl has a sweet life. I mean, how many people get paid to hang out with someone? This last summer was so much fun and Camille and I had a new adventure everyday. Whether it was bike rides to Bountiful while speaking only in British accents or Seven Peaks in Provo with Holukia after, it was one of the best summers ever! The only catch was I had to pay her to hang out with me every time ;) This chick is an expensive friend, BEWARE. While she totally broke my bank, it was worth every penny. Camille, you just remember everything that I did for you because I will be expecting Karma to come back around to my bank account!
 Not only did I go broke wanting to hang out with Camille this summer, but she swiped my car when I moved to Finland. Stella (yes, my car is named) Is my baby, and rather than leave her sitting in a garage all locked up for 8 months, I left her to be babysat by Camille. What high school kid drives a brand new X-terra? Wowww, haha I wouldn't have left her to anyone else though. Thanks for watching her Camille!! Don't forget my three rules, and if you get in an accident please please please don't tell me...
 LOVE YOU CAMILLE!!!

As for Finland, it finally snowed here and is absolutely beautiful! It is such an amazing place, and I am blown away everyday. The cold is not too bad yet. I am still surviving, but I think the hardest part is having such little sunlight. I have not taken my beanie and boots off for a week, and anticipate them remaining on my body until April. 

I was excited this week to share a little bit of an American holiday with my team. They don't celebrate Halloween in Finland so to share a tradition, I made little treats for my team with American candies and Finnish candies. Forgive my craftiness, I was trying to be resourceful haha Who knows what I will come up with for Thanksgiving because this girl definitely can't handle cooking a beast.

2 comments:

  1. Kayla you are my favorite. I have been watching the score updates online from work all day for the state tourn. GO DARTS!!
    As for when you get home. I would love to hang out with you :) I'm broke!! ha ha Ok and I need some Kayla in my crazy life! Glad all is well in Finland!!

    love, Les

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Les, you crack me up! The pay is not bad for friendship, it could be like a second job. Camille got along great with it as her only job :) jk but we should really hang out when I get back!! I have loved hearing the updates for the girls at State. I have a game myself tonight so I am hoping that they make it to the championship because my game will be over by then and I can watch it online! I think I am more nervous for their matches today than I am my own. Good old Davis High :)

      Delete