I have been home this week for Thanksgiving, and with our house crazy as usual it has been quite eventful. I got home monday and decided our house could use some rearranging...So I have spent the last couple days moving furniture and redecorating. Garrett and Camille had school yesterday, and with Mom working I had to drive them everywhere they needed to go. Camille got to school safe and sound, and Garrett got to the doctors...
He got an infection in his ankle after the surgery a couple months ago and had to go to see Dr. Flinton to make sure everything was okay. I drove him to the office and as soon as Todd walked in he said it was gonna be bad. His first thing was to drain the swelling out of his ankle. At first I thought, "This is way cool." So I asked Todd if I got to watch. He said yeah, and even had me swab the stuff that was gonna come out after he cut Garrett's scab off. It was pretty cool to watch him basically squeeze the infection out. Seeing the blood and everything didn't bother me at all. BUT as soon as he cut deeper and injected this cleaning stuff to irrigate the cuts, I could hear everything dripping into the bucket. I immediately started sweating and feeling nauseous. Todd looked at me and told me to keep breathing haha...he knew I was gonna pass out...
Apparently the sight of blood does not bother me at all, but the sound of it dripping makes me pass out. After I was good enough to drive Garrett home, we couldn't even talk about what had just happened to him because the thought of it made us both feel light headed. He had to tell my Mom that he needed to be rushed in for surgery to pull out every plate and screw, but we couldn't tell her on the phone for the fear that we might not make it safely home.lol
...and while the snow is absolutely beautiful, I am still waiting for the blizzard...and summer to come back soon!
youre such a good sister! i couldn't have listened or seen that. yuck! youre stronger then me :) love you!
ReplyDelete